Monday, September 28, 2015

Go Green: MacroGreens Superfood


The first big learning experience in my early days of "natural retail" was greens powder.  Oh, it was nasty at first - even when prepared it for customers in the easiest-to-drink way, with organic unfiltered apple juice.  It was still all grassy in taste.  I knew why it was so great for me, but it was a big adjustment in the journey of getting healthier, as I certainly wasn't in "alkaline" balance.  Yet I powered through, and learned to love what greens could do for me within months.

Now "super greens" powders are a mandatory part of my day, sometimes 2 or 3 times.  It's energy and detoxification in the easiest way; the perfect alternative to coffee or those horrific energy shots for those in need of a pick-me-up.  And my days of forcing down grassy unpleasant powders are over.  The Macro Greens powder is the most delicious tasting variety I've encountered for the nutrient powerhouse they contain.  It's equivalent in antioxidants to 5 servings of vegetables, and though certainly not designed to replace eating your produce, is a wonderful way to increase your vitamins.  (For me, it's a miracle worker amidst busy work days and eating erratically while working at Wild Ginger Apothecary.  If you've been in, chances are I've sampled them to you midday!)

MacroLife shares a detox (and weight loss) trick that I love as well: one serving of their tasty greens 30 minutes before each meal to curb your appetite and detoxify.  Adding probiotics, adaptogenic herbs, and other superfoods really does curb your sugar cravings, ease digestion, boost your immune system, and increase brain function.  Once, twice, or even three times will leave you feeling better than ever in no time.  Plus it's Raw, Vegan, Gluten Free, and Non-GMO!

Skeptic of the green taste?  Start with using the organic unfiltered apple juice, or even half with water.  You'll ease into "greens on the rocks" before you know it.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment